doors can be quite easy. Here are a few tips to help make the process
easier on you:
- Use shims. When you’re installing pre-hung doors, make sure you put shims in place first. They’ll be handy if you need to fit a small door into a bigger frame. With a shim, it’s easy to cover up the gaps around your door.
- Check and recheck your measurements. Inaccurate measurements are a common problem. So make sure yours are the right ones by checking and rechecking the figures. It won’t hurt to double-check. It’ll also save you a ton of trouble later on if one of the figures happen to be wrong.
- Using big doors for oddly-shaped doors. If your doors don’t follow the standard size, then go with pre-hung doors that are smaller instead of bigger. You can easily extend the jamb but enlarging a door opening takes more work. So go with the first option rather than the second one, Do
- It Yourself suggests.
- Use the right tools. For any job, the right tools are essential. They can make a difference in the quality of your work. It can also help you accomplish the task faster and much more efficiently.
- Wear safety gear. Door Installation in Madison AL doesn’t mean you’ll have to suit up in a decon suit but it does mean wearing safety goggles and thick work gloves to protect yourself from any accidents that might happen. No matter how careful you are, there are still plenty of other things that could go wrong. If flying debris shoots at your eyes, you won’t have to worry about your eyes taking damage. Nor would you have to worry about splinters in your fingers. With proper safety gear, you can finish the door installation safe from any injuries.
- Don’t overtighten the screws. Overtightening the screws cause uneven tension in your door that could end up warping the wood, leaving you in need of another door replacement right on the heels of a new one.
- Hiring a pro. If you haven’t got the time to deal with the installation or don’t have the first clue how to do it, then it’s better to hire a pro instead of trying to do it yourself. You can save so much more time and energy going with a pro.
So when you need to
install a new door, follow this list. With helpful tips, the
installation should go off without a hitch.
McDaniel Window & Door Co offers window choices and installation services. To book our services, get in touch with us! You can like them on Facebook for more updates!
Be the first to like.