The right siding installed on a home adds to the home’s character and beauty. But sometimes, siding can become damaged and reduce a home’s curbside appeal. Once siding has become damaged, it may be necessary to consider hiring a contractor who specializes in Home Remodeling in Carmel, preferably with experience in siding installation and replacement.
Signs That Home Siding Needs Replacing
Weather is generally the number one culprit for damaged siding. Improper installation could also be a cause for sidings showing signs of damage. Catching these signs early can prevent further structural damage and more costly repairs. Some common signs that home siding needs replacement are:
- Rotting or Warping
- – This can be observed with a visual inspection. Check to see if the under surface is soft or rotting. Soft or rotting spots means the siding needs to be replaced immediately.
- Faded, cracked or loose siding
- – Not only are these visually unappealing, but they can also eventually lead to structural and water damage. Such damage indicates that the life expectancy may be up for expiration.
- Fungus, mold or mildew
- – Any type of fungus or mold growth indicates that new siding is needed. Fungal growth is an indication that water and moisture are getting behind the sidings due to the presence of holes, loose sidings or bubbles. Siding replacement should be performed as soon as possible to prevent further water damage.
Different Types of Home Siding
Deciding on the best home siding is dependent upon the desired expectations and style. Here are three common types of siding installed on homes today.
- – Vinyl is the most popular choice. Mainly because it is durable and pretty inexpensive. A major downfall is its proneness to fading and the fact that it cannot be painted, which eliminates versatility.
- – Considered the second most popular choice for homes across the country, wood is very versatile and durable. The best thing about wood is that it can be painted and can come in different styles. The downside to having wood is it’s flammable.
- Fiber cement
- – Fiber cement is considered impact resistant and one of the most durable sidings. However, it’s typically more expensive than vinyl or wood.
Amos Exteriors Inc is a specialist of siding repair and Home Remodeling in Carmel. They have specialists available to answer any questions or concerns regarding home siding replacement.
Be the first to like.